Alumnus (former Postdoc)
Stefan Filipp was a PostDoc at the Quantum Device Lab from January 2008 to May 2014. After leaving our group he joined IBM T. J. Watson Research Center as a Research Staff Member in Experimental Quantum Computing. Since May 2020 he holds a position as Full Professor (Chair) in Physics at TU Munich and as Director of WMI of the BAdW.
Stefan Filipp previously completed his PhD at the Atominstitut in Vienna, Austria, in 2006 and continued there as a postdoctoral fellow until his move to ETH Zurich. In May 2009, he won an Erwin Schroedinger Fellowship of the FWF Austrian Science Fund.
- NCCR QSIT, Subproject Hybrid quantum systems using microwave frequency on-chip resonators as a coupling bus
- Exploring Geometric Effects and Geometric Gates with Superconducting Circuits
- Scalable Superconducting Processors for Entangled Quantum Information Technology (ScaleQIT)
- Circuit and Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics (CCQED)
- Hybrid Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics with Atoms and Circuits (HYBRIDQED)
- Atomic Quantum Technologies (AQUTE)
- Geometric phases, pumping, and dissipation in quantum devices (GEOMDISS)