Our group offers a wide range of opportunities for
- Semester Thesis Students / Summer Students (3-4 positions per term, apply early).
- Bachelor / Masters Thesis Students (2-3 positions per term, apply early).
- Research Assistant. Currently we have an opening for a Research Assistant position. We consider candidates at all levels. The announcement can be found here [pdf].
- Web-Programmer/Designer. Currently we have an opening for a Web-Programmer/Designer position. The announcement can be found here [pdf].
- Postdoc/PhD Position. Currently we have an opening for a position on Quantum Information Processing with Semiconductor/Superconductor Hybrid technology. The announcment can be found on the ETH job portal.
We are looking for students who are interested in mesoscopic solid state physics, low temperature physics, atomic physics, quantum optics, and quantum information science.
Semester Theses / Summer Research Projects
Each semester (and also in between semesters) a number of opportunities to perform independent research work in our lab are available to students from ETH. The projects are open to BSc and MSc students in Physics, Interdisciplinary Sciences, Micro and Nano Science and other fields. The research project is typically done for 4 weeks full time or for two days each week for 14 weeks. It includes hands on research work in our labs that is supervised by experinced graduate students and postdoctoral researchers. The work includes writing a report and doing a presentation on your research in our group seminar. To apply, please send an email including your detailed curriculum vitae and a transcripts of records of you bachelor's and/or master's studies to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bachelor and Masters thesis projects are available throughout the year. Typically they last from 4-6 months depending on the degree program. To apply, please send an email including your detailed curriculum vitae and a transcripts of records of you bachelor's and/or master's studies to email@example.com.
There are also opportunities for external students to do their diploma/masters thesis at ETH, if their home university has an accredited exchange program with ETH Zurich or if a specific arrangement has been made.
How to learn more
Further information on our work can be found on this web site. For additional information you may contact Prof. Andreas Wallraff (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.