The main lecturer of this course is Prof. Andreas Wallraff [AW]. Guest and assistant lecturers are indicated.
Please see the moodle for lecture notes and slides. If a file is not available yet, the link leads to a page displaying an error message.
- Lecture 1 (2018-02-22) Organization & Introduction (slides) [AW]
- Lecture 2 (2018-03-01) Introduction to QIP & Superconducting circuits (slides) [AW]
- Lecture 3 (2018-03-08) Superconducting circuits (slides) [CE]
- Lecture 4 (2018-03-15) Superconducting circuits (slides) [AW]
- Lecture 5 (2018-03-22) Superconducting circuits (slides) [AW]
- Lecture 6 (2018-03-29) Superconducting circuits (slides) [AW]
- Lecture 7 (2018-04-12) NMR (slides) [AW]
- Lecture 8 (2018-04-19) NV-centers (slides) [AW]
- Lecture 9 (2018-04-26) Quantum dots (slides) [AW]
- Lecture 10 (2018-05-03) Ions (slides) [AW]
- Lecture 11 (2018-05-17) Ions (slides) [AW]
- Lecture 12 (2018-05-24) TBD (slides) [AW]
- Lecture 13 (2018-05-31) Lab tour and Summary session [CE]
A current rough draft of course notes written by Theo Walter is available for download here. The validity of the notes has not been reviewed. As new sections are added and reviewed the notes will be updated and reposted online. Any major errors, comments, or feedback for improving the notes can be directed to Theo via his email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The exercise classes and the mentoring of the student presentations are shared between Christopher Eichler [CE], Christian Andersen [CA], Sebastian Krinner [SK], and Anton Potocnik [AP].
- Exercise 1 (2018-02-26) Transmon qubit (pdf-exercise1)
- Exercise 2 (2018-03-05) Density Matrix and State Tomography (pdf-excersise2)
- Exercise 3 (2018-03-12) Student Presentation: Readout of SC qubits (pdf-pres1-CA, pdf-pres1-CE, pdf-pres1-SK, pdf-pres1-AP)
- Exercise 4 (2018-03-19) Student Presentation: The transmon and two-qubit gates (pdf-pres2-CA, pdf-pres2-CE, pdf-pres2-SK, pdf-pres2-AP)
- Exercise 5 (2018-03-26) Student Presentation: Quantum teleportation with SC qubits (pdf-pres3-CA, pdf-pres3-CE, pdf-pres3-SK, pdf-pres3-AP)
- Exercise 6 (2018-04-09) Student Presentation: Quantum chemistry with SC qubits (pdf-pres4-CA, pdf-pres4-CE, pdf-pres4-SK, pdf-pres4-AP)
- Exercise 7 (2018-04-23) Student Presentation: Shors algorithm in NMR (pdf-pres5-CA, pdf-pres5-CE, pdf-pres5-SK, pdf-pres5-AP)
- Exercise 8 (2018-04-30) Student Presentation: Bell test using NV centers (pdf-pres6-CA, pdf-pres6-CE, pdf-pres6-SK, pdf-pres6-AP)
- Exercise 9 (2018-05-07) Student Presentation: Quantum simulations with Quantum Dots (pdf-pres7-CA, pdf-pres7-CE, pdf-pres7-SK, pdf-pres7-AP)
- Exercise 10 (2018-05-14) Student Presentation: Quantum algorithms with ions (pdf-pres8-CA, pdf-pres8-CE, pdf-pres8-SK, pdf-pres8-AP)
- Exercise 11 (2018-05-28) Student Presentation: Quantum error correction with ions (pdf-pres9-CA, pdf-pres9-CE, pdf-pres9-SK, pdf-pres9-AP)
If a file is not available yet, the link leads to a page displaying an error message.